Fart, bacon, cats - all candles.

Like majority of women I like candles, especially the scented ones. I cannot resist of going to the ground floor at nearby Ikea store just to sniff around some new flowery candles ^_^

Browsing the web in search of either something that looks different or smells like something I have not smell yet I stumbled upon the weirdest candles possible. They are called Stinky Candles. Among the classic smells such as chocolate chip cookie, burito, apple pie, pizza, curry, buttered popcorn ( hmm I don't know about this one.. I still cannot forget the awfulness of pop corn flavoured Tic Tacs) and wet grass they offer also candles with a smell of a fart, skunk, onion and garlic. For refreshment they have some toothpaste candle, baby powder, fresh linens. Oh wait there is also money smell candle and bacon.. B-a-c-o-n 



This is this kind of business idea that is so obvious it makes you think 'why didn't I think of this?' and that it should have been established long time ago. I think this is great. Funny and exotic with a bit of excitement. 

I especially like the funny description under each candle type (check out the onion candle on their official website)
 The one on the very right with the nuclear mushroom cloud on the picture is the 'fart' smell. 


Speaking of candles I found another attention grabber - the 'PyroPet' candles. So cute :) Funded by a kickstarter campaign in November 2013, successfully raised $101,989 USD with 2,330 backers. Created by designer Thorunn Arnadottir and product developer Dan Koval. Geometric shape of a cat (or a bird, depending on the candle model) reveal metal skeleton while burning when the wax is melting. Check out their facebook gallery for more pictures.

Comments