I let myself to post here some pictures of my proud work. I present to you polish, home made, Easter cake - Mazurek. And a home grown watercress (because I care for living things).
Mazurek is super fast and easy to make. The pastry goes to the oven for 10-15 minutes. After that you can decorate it as you wish. The most popular way is to add another layer of pastry and in between put some jam on it. On the top pour melted chocolate (I used Milka milk chocolate as it is my favourite. Melted it in microwave for 3 minutes on 400 watts), almonds or fudge. Like I did today. Recipe at the bottom of this post.
RECIPE for the dough:
- 300 grams of flour*
- 100 grams of sugar (powder sugar or brown sugar is good. I used brown)
- 200 grams of butter
- 1 table spoon of sour cream (18-22%)
- 3 hard boiled egg yolks (yes, hard boiled. That means you need to boil the egg and then take out the yolk, and mix it with the rest of the stuff)
Bake it for 10-15 minutes at 180 C degrees
For the topping - as you wish. Melted fudge, chocolate with coconut, almond etc ,whatever you like really.
*about that flour.
Originally the 'krupczatka flour' should be used. However when using it the dough almost crumbles in your hands before baking. I used cake flour called 'tortowa'. Use any flour you have except the bread flour.
Main types of wheat flours: [btw, flour is 'MĄKA' in polish. Letter A with tail ^_^]
- mąka poznańska, typ 500 - recommended for dough for noodles, pierogi, pizza, for sauces (as densifier);
- mąka luksusowa, typ 550 - recommended for dough for yeast cakes and fried cakes;
- mąka tortowa, typ 450 - recommended for dough for sponge cake or sponge cake with fat;
- mąka krupczatka, typ 500 - recommended for shortcrust pastry and "półkruche" (shortcrust pastry with cream, egg whites and baking soda), "ciasto parzone" (steamed dough/pastry) and maccaroni
- mąka wrocławska, typ 500 - recommended for dough for yeast cakes, puff pastry (ciasto francuskie akak french dough) and rough-puff pastry, pancakes, soups and sauces


Comments
Post a Comment